Wednesday, August 5, 2020

buds for life

Last week we finally took a trip down to the beach to visit our beloved Higerds. It's been many months since these little friends have spent time together. They all missed each other so much. They were literally dreaming about hanging out. It was a sweet visit.


The size difference between these two besties is fantastic. 
(Addie's older and Rosie gives her hand-me-downs)






Angus cried on the way home. He feels his feelings.


Camp IDRAFOJE was not canceled like I assumed it would be earlier this summer. The girls were overjoyed to say the least.




And Dan and I snuck away recently for a beach date. Always lovely.


The outnumbered ones in the house 😊


The pizza oven project is coming along nicely...



And Mya learned how to french braid. 👍


I've run out of shows to watch and was resorting to bad TV and decided to take up reading again. I'm an off and on reader depending on the season. I read this book and it was so good. It's so poetic and beautifully written and also an easy read. Hard to do both. I couldn't stop reading it. I recommend. 


I listen to Dax Shepherd's podcast, "Armchair Expert." I think I mentioned that before. I love it if I'm into the guest he's interviewing. I recommend it if you don't mind F-bombs here and there. The last one I listened to and really liked was Alanis Morisette's interview. I used to be obsessed with her so it was cool to get to know her a little bit. That's why I like the podcast. It's really long, probably around 2 hours per guest so you really get to know a bit about them. A while back, he interviewed Alicia Keys and talked about her book and definitely sold me on it. 

I listened to it on audible because I wanted to hear her read it. She plays piano and sings a little bit as well. It was really good. The first half was better than the last half in my opinion. Probably because the first half is her story growing up and the second half is all about things she discovered about herself as an adult. But all around, still really good. I recommend.

Happy Wednesday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment