Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Bonelli take three

Now that we have been home so much, I think the kids have adjusted a little too well. They get along magnificently and hate to be separated. A couple weeks ago, I took the younger three somewhere and left Mya back with Dan (her choice), and 3 minutes into the drive, Angus said, "I miss Mya."  They actually don't like leaving the house now. When we do leave, they are miserable complaining pains in my butt. They miss their toys, their perfectly airconditioned home, their YouTube shows, their snacks and the couch.

Thursday, our cleaning angels came to do their magic to our extremely lived-in home, so it was best that we leave for a few hours. I told Dan that I didn't think our family was outdoorsy enough. So he agreed to pile up the kids and bikes into the truck and head for our local recreational spot. The first time we came to Bonelli this year, Addie had a tire blow out and I stayed back with her while Dan took the other three around the lake on their bikes. Last time we ventured out to Bonelli, Dan worked and I took the kids on an accidentally long hot bike ride that ended in possible dehydration, so I was glad Dan was there to help make sure things went according to plan. 

Angus said good-bye to his beloved lego set and we were off.


It was a perfectly lovely outdoorsy day weather-wise.








Dan brought fishing poles.





Our only catch of the day was a near-by branch that Dan's line snagged on its way out. For the record, he is a very talented fisherman normally. 


Angus: Ugh it's so hot in the sun.
Me: Then go in the shade.
Angus: The shade is dumb.
Me: hmm
Angus: I don't like sun. I don't like shade. I just like snacks.

(He had a better attitude after lunch)







The kids fought half the time we were there... possibly more. But we successfully got them out of the house, away from YouTube, away from AC and into the fresh air. Dan grilled hot dogs for us to eat at the park, no one had a blowout and everyone was well hydrated. I will take it as a win. And what great outdoorsy parents we are now. 

When we returned home, our house was so clean that Twitch thought the sliding door was open and it wasn't. He ran into it. But he's 16 now and pretty blind in his defense.


Happy Tuesday Eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment