Sunday, May 2, 2021

bananas, cut-offs and runnin' like forest gump

I love May. The weather is lovely and the kids are still in school. What's not to love?

Heard around here:

Angus's teacher: Bye Angus! Have a great weekend!
Angus: Bye cutie!

Me: 
Why is there a strawberry in the bathroom? 
Why is there a truck in my sink? 
Where's my brush?
Where's the tape?
Where's the good scissors?
Where's my phone? 
Where are my good sunglasses?

Angus: (instead of for pete's sake) For piece of cake!

Angus: Mommy, is water underwater?
Me: Ummm yeah.
Angus: WOW

I like to remind the kids to enjoy being children. When Angus is 35 it may be unacceptable to sit on a toy fire engine in his underwear eating a banana... depending on who his wife is.


I'm proud of myself for saving a ton of money by taking all of Addie's pants and turning them into cut-offs for the summer. Every single one of them had giant knee holes because she's been wearing them for 3 years. She grows at an incredibly slow rate.


"Mom, I got an award!" Obviously, he's not reading yet. His teacher handed this to him and told him to give it to his mom. I guess he assumed the best. I love that about him.


Dan ran 13 miles! It's a half marathon. Actually like 13.3 miles. He's 45. It's a big deal. Go honey. Prouda you 💓


This guy is 6. It happened fast and slow as most of motherhood has been. I feel like I've reached the next level of being a mom. I'm 40 and my kids are 6 and up. Looking forward to the next decade.


Angus is a fun dude to give gifts to. He's very appreciative no matter what the gift. 


He asked for policeman accessories. One of them was a badge like Dad's.


Yesterday, I woke up and blew up balloons at 5AM, Dan got donuts on his way home from work, Angus got to choose lunch (lunchables) and dinner (Chick Fil-A) and he picked out his cake at Vons. It was an easy day and Angus felt special. I wish all the birthdays could be like this forever.


I ordered Chinese tonight. Yeah, we still have the birthday table cloth on the table. The girls were happy. They love them some orange chicken. Angus silently protested with his banana.


I do not consider myself a Type-A person AT ALL. But I have a few type-A tendencies. This is one of them. I have to take out eggs from the carton symmetrically. Is it just me?


I shared my recommendation for this street corn dip from Costco last post. Well. If you wanna take it up a notch and also make it last longer, go ahead and mix it with Trader Joe's corn and chile salsa. 


Happy May!

 

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Amy! I love May, also. The “piece of cake” made me laugh out loud. When Zack was little, he called the swimming pool the “swimming cool”, makes sense to me. Happy Mother’s Day ❤️

    ReplyDelete