Thursday, July 20, 2017

escape to bako

Bakersfield has become my happy place. My sister likes to call it The New Palm Springs. Wendy and I planned a little summer retreat back in January. Well, I suggested it and she planned it. And when Wendy plans something, it may look like she has hired a team of professional party planners on uppers but it's actually just one person... Wendy.

Top 10 favorite things about ladies weekend 2017:

10. There were NO kids there. Love ya kids.

9. There were no boys there. Sorry boys, we totally love you too, we really do. But we were able to let our muffin tops out and our pasty thighs bask in the sunshine without worrying about how they may shock an innocent male bystander.

8. Animals roaming free in the backyard. There's something therapeutic about floating around in the pool and hearing the sounds of chickens clucking by or horses and goats talking to each other in their calming animal voices.

7. Slept when I felt like it. Stayed up late and slept in... like the weekend used to be like before kids.

6. Massages! Wendy arranged for a masseuse to come to the house. Rosie and her magic fingers need to move down to SoCal so we can hang out again.

5. Cocktails and food. Wendy made a menu including cocktails with every meal of course. This included mimosas and brunch when we arrived Friday. That crazy awesome overachieving sister of mine spent hours prepping Thursday.

4. Impromptu 80s and 90s hip hop dance party.

3. Cards against humanity. Best game ever.

2. Walking through the almond trees. That will always be at the top for me.

1. Quality time with some truly amazing ladies. I loved being able to catch up with old friends and family I rarely get to see.

There was much more that helped to make the weekend perfect like the crazy welcome baskets Wendy left on each of our beds, the gorgeous property, and details like pretty plates and fancy glasses. We got to explore downtown and shop a little bit too. And everyone got along and no one was high maintenance or caused drama. It really was the perfect way to relax.





















And then BAM! Right back into it.



Thanks to my superhuman nearly 70-year-old mom for watching all four kids 2 out of 3 days! You're BEYOND amazing. Thanks to hubby too for saying yes to ladies weekend, and always taking care of the kids so well that I never worry about a single thing when I'm not there. And Mya, for pretty much running the show in my absence I'm certain. I'm not sure my mom and Dan would be able to find a single thing without her. She also tells the truth when asked what mommy usually does... Winter will tell a fun story but it's rarely correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment