Thursday, April 11, 2013

mac & peas

 
This is not a crazy clever recipe. This is for lazy days when my husband is at work. He works 24 hour shifts so I usually make something easy for the girls and me when he isn't home. My girls' favorite meal by far is mac & cheese. A couple of years ago when Mya was pretty little, I thought I would make it a little healthier by throwing peas in there. I find that frozen peas taste much better than canned ones. So we always have some on hand. I microwaved some peas in a bowl of water, drained them and threw them in with the mac & cheese. She ate them up. The next time I got even lazier and threw the frozen peas in the boiling water with the pasta. It came out great. I realize everyone's kids will not eat veggies with their mac & cheese but it's worth a try. I've tried carrots and corn but peas are the tastiest I think.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment