Sunday, February 8, 2015

spill it

I was talking to a friend the other day about the dreaded chore of picking up the kids from school. I only have two to pick up right now. And Dan gets them most of the time. Not looking forward to four different pick-up times.

She had a totally different perspective. She said she loved being the one to pick the kids up because their excitement is at its peak during those first few minutes. They spill everything right away. Ask them an hour later and they rarely have anything interesting to say. 

It's so true. Kids love to tell the best part of the day or a weekend or vacation right off the bat. They just can't wait to share it. Our 6-year-old little neighbor was gone for a long weekend with her dad in Oregon. We were outside when they pulled up just getting back from the airport. She raced down the street and said, "Hi! I touched a waterfall!" It was so cute. I couldn't help but laugh. 

Mya and Winter both had a really fun weekend with their Aunt Wendy and Uncle Mark. Before we could even hug them, they were shouting out their favorite parts like, "I rode a horsey!" and "We had Mickey pancakes!" and "Look what I got!"

This changes my attitude a bit when picking up the girls now. I feel kind of privileged to be the first one to get the inside scoop on their day, even if it is about the boy that threw up in class that morning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment