Friday, January 13, 2017

weekend in bako

I didn't use to like Bakersfield. Now I love it. It's where Wendy is. I love that sister of mine. Last weekend I got to go hang out with her and the fam for two nights and two and a half days. I loved every minute of it. And lucky for you, Wendy is a little selfie happy so I have documentation of the entire weekend.

She always outdoes herself. She had a theme for my getaway weekend. A spa retreat theme. She even made me a brochure. Or something like that...




There was a robe and fuzzy slipper socks waiting for me.


And wine and treats!


She had candles, the fire going, and music...



And gift baskets...



And fresh flowers on the night stand...


And a picture of us in the bathroom ha!



We signed up for a 5K Saturday morning but it rained so we turned the car around and waited until it stopped raining and walked our own 5K in her neighborhood which I love. We walked through the lines of almond trees. I was so happy.


Then we shopped all day. Wendy looked up the top thrift stores in Bakersfield and we hit all of them and a couple more. They have THE best thrift stores. I can't believe how many brand new kids shoes I got for a few bucks. The ones in Azusa get snatched up the minute they hit the shelves but for some reason, the moms in Bakersfield are not aware of this awesome goldmine of brand new shoes for $4 and $5. Fine by me. I was very happy.



We had lunch at CPK and shopped some more.


Then we went to a paint night. So fun. Again, happy.






I took a bubble bath somewhere in there... I can't remember when exactly. Wendy has a jacuzzi tub in her bathroom. She gets it all set up for me every time I visit. Candles, a fireplace, and soft music. So happy.

Sunday morning, I slept in. One of my favorite things, even before kids. Then I enjoyed a cup of coffee out back... This pic does not do that place justice.


Then we went to brunch. It was super lovely. I ordered a bagel with lox for the first time. Loved it.




Then we did MORE thrift store shopping. They have like 4 Goodwills in Bakersfield. Crazy. And awesome. I don't normally shop there because we boycott them because Dan read an article on how the CEO is uber rich and pays the employees pennies and it's not really a non-profit. BUT I made an exception. Glad I did. My kids are set in the clothes and shoes department for the next two years or so.

And to top off the already perfect weekend, she and her fam sent me home with a truck load of items they no longer wanted so I could sort through them and keep some and sell some, another favorite hobby of mine.

Best weekend ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment