Thursday, January 26, 2017

first thankful thursday

I'm starting a new thing called Thankful Thursday. I know, I know my last thing petered off a bit. I still have hope that I will restart Fitness Friday again one day but it's not going to be anytime soon. I just do not have the discipline nor the energy to write about how to be fit every Friday. 

I do however have the energy to write about how thankful I am for all the many blessings God gives me every day. I make no promises. I do not promise to post something every Thursday, but that's the goal. I urge you to do this with me. It's so good for us. I have a lot to complain about as we all do but what good is that going to do?

I follow a few funny mom (and dad) pages on Instagram and Facebook and although they are hilarious it seems like lately all that moms are doing these days are complaining about their kids in sarcastic funny ways. I do that a lot of the time too, don't get me wrong. It's all to lighten the mood. Obviously mothering (and fathering) is difficult. But I need some balance. So that's why I'm doing this thankful Thursday thing. Wish me luck. 

I will forget a few Thursdays because, frankly, a lot of the time I don't know what day it is.

So, this Thursday I am thankful that I got to spend those rainy days last week inside. I'm thankful for my friend that took my independent little seven-year-old to church because she just wanted to go even though I did not feel up to it and neither did any of her siblings. I'm thankful that she just wanted to go. I'm thankful that even though I was as sick as a dog in bed for 3 days my husband was home to take care of everything. And I'm thankful that he didn't have to take any time off because he was already off. I'm thankful for another friend who brought me groceries when Dan went back to work because there was no way I was taking 4 kids to Vons in the pouring rain.

I love sitting in the corner of my family room looking out the window at my amazing backyard view. What a blessing and something to be thankful for.


"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment