Monday, September 2, 2013

hangin' out

I was at Target a few days ago by myself picking up a few items. I see all kinds of people at my target in Azusa. I see moms, families, punk kids, gang banger types and college folk. I'm not usually surprised very easily living in LA county and having lived in Hollywood, Eagle Rock and Tujunga. I don't know why I was so caught off guard by the site I saw but I was just not expecting it.

So I'm walking down the main aisle, headed for the grocery section when I see a young mom, maybe 21, feeding her tiny baby. At first I was checking out the fact that she was walking and breastfeeding, something I have yet to master. But then I noticed that her whole boob was hanging out for everyone to see! I walked past her with my mouth open, almost saying something... but what? Um, excuse me but your areola is showing. Or maybe, man, you've got some cojones walking around so exposed like that. Part of me was offended. Part of me was impressed. And part of me was amazed that she was so nonchalant about the whole thing. She didn't care that everyone looked at her in disbelief. Nope, it was totally normal to let your breast hang out. It wasn't small either. I would guess like a full D. She was fairly attractive as well. Teenage boys snickered to their friends. Older folk shook their heads at each other. Some just looked around confused, not knowing what to make of it all.

Just another site that will stand out in my memory like that one time I was in Ensenada and saw a mom sitting on the sidewalk, feeding her baby, both boobs hanging out this time. She wasn't even holding the baby. He was laying on her crisscrossed legs having some lunch. She held out a cup asking for money. Can't remember if I gave her anything.

They will both be in my people watching hall of fame. Both very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment