Thursday, August 29, 2013

fried burritos

This is actually something I started making recently. I'm feeling very pregnant these days. Standing up for too long makes me achy. So these burritos are great because they take me a few minutes to make. We bought some tortillas the other day for dinner and had some left over. I made the girls quesadillas for lunch and thought I would do a burrito for me. I think that was the first time I have made a burrito since college. Not sure why... They are a great, fill you up lunch or dinner. We always have black refried beans in the house. (I use them in my enchiladas) I put some refried beans and shredded cheese in the tortilla and made me a nice little burrito. My grandpa always used to make us fried burritos as kids. We loved them. I used my olive oil sprayer and lightly coated my frying pan and got my burrito all crispy. So yummy. I used salsa to dip it in. The beans and cheese didn't get totally melty in the frying pan so I put the burrito in the microwave for 30 secs before I fried it the next time. Perfect. Mya doesn't like beans but Winter loves them so I will have to find something else to use in Mya's. This meal could be totally healthy too. Use a whole grain tortilla, organic black refried beans (Trader Joe's), chopped tomatoes, low-fat cheese (optional) and "fry" it. You could even add brown rice and make a healthy BRC. You could even do "fried" breakfast burritos with eggs, cheese, sausage etc. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment