Monday, September 15, 2014

Newport

We SO do not belong in Newport. We are not rich. We would rather not show people our abs. We are not blonde. We do not have enhanced lips, boobs or butts, nor do we work out 7 days a week. We're kind of tan though...

Dan and I love to pretend we live at the beach like everyone else. We were doing pretty well this time until the gentleman renting the upstairs pad informed us that he just bought a motorcycle dealership because he was bored.

We always have great neighbors out here too. This year the lady next door yelled, "One of your little ones is on her way out to the ocean by herself!" (You can guess which one) Yeah we had no idea. Even at the beach, people are helping us keep an eye out for Winter's shenanigans.

It's nice to visit Newport Beach once a year. It keeps it's appeal and never disappoints. Here are my top 10 favorite things about staying at the same beach house we've rented for the 4th year now.

10. People watching. Nothing has been able to top last year's good looking man rollerblading in hot pink thong but there have been plenty interesting people for sure including a professional hula hooper, a punk rock mama with pink hair listening to metal while pushing her tiny baby and a girl taking volleyball lessons in a wedgie bikini. (She wasn't very good) Those are big right now. They cover like half of the tush... not attractive in my opinion. Dan disagrees.

9. Hearing 4 second conversations of couples riding by on their bikes. They sound so interesting I just wish I could hear more. My favorite this year, "He's the kind of guy that would be really good in bed ya know?" haha :) How does one judge that?

8. Live volleyball games. Reminds me of when I "played" volleyball in high school. I mostly watched from the bench but every once in a while coach would put me in and it was the best few minutes...

7. Canasta games at night with Dan. (These have not gone well for me this year) I usually end up throwing my cards on the table and storming out of the room. But it's really fun 'till I start losing.

6. Riding down to the pier for corn dogs (and ice cream). They give me pretty impressive gas pains but I just can't stop eating them.

5. Not being in Azusa in the 108 degree weather. I love to look at the weather in Azusa when I'm somewhere cooler. I also love to watch the traffic report because I haven't commuted in years but I still remember the anger it brought me every morning and evening. 

4. Doing everything with an oceanfront view like dishes, breastfeeding, changing poopie diapers and more!

3. Spending time with friends and family who come to visit. We had a record 9 kids here one day. Chaotic but fun.




2.  This beach house wins the award for the best showers ever. Even better when I'm all sandy. Yes that's my #2. Our house has great showers, don't get me wrong but this place feels like I'm wasting gallons of water with the amount of water pressure and volume of water that comes out in one shower. I try to make it quick... no I don't. AND they have an outdoor shower for when you are all wet and sandy so you don't track it in the house. Smart. The outdoor shower does need some love. It's dying. Every once in a while the entire thing comes off the wall and a very strong stream of water shoots out and hits the neighbor's house but no biggie. It's a great idea.

1. Newport coffee co. Best blended iced soy decaf late ever. Yep that's my #1.

Here are some pics from the trip this year...


Making Dan laugh with Addie asleep on his chest. 


cuteness


Mya on her two-wheeler. She was so proud of herself.


Proof I was there too. Just realized I have a lot of pics with the baby. She's so cute I just can't stop capturing this stage.


Nothing beats a beach sunset. Kind of dark but you get the idea.


We brought the baby gate =) It ended up being Addie's favorite toy. She opened and closed it about 1000 times. Not exactly baby proof but it was overall a good idea.


Kite flyin'
Winter only let go once that I know of... Dan was super fast to go grab it before it flew away.




Our view. Notice the empty beach. This is why we go after Labor Day.


The girls after a few hours with Wendy and Grandma at Balboa Peer. They're in the bike trailer. 


Winter used to look like that baby =)


Winter and her 2 year old cousin Rylie. She's tough so Winter respects that and loves her for it.
Not sure how she's able to sit on the couch like this...


Mom and her amazing daughters ;)


Perfect Newport family... and Winter =)


There are plenty of pics on Facebook too if you should need some more Wagenbrenner...

Oh I almost forgot my favorite pic of the entire trip and maybe all year. My poor mother, caught red handed drinking a bud light in the AM =) With Mya in tow! Mother! Well she was on vacation...


Just kidding, she was just being a good beach citizen and picking up after a litterbug =) Mom hasn't had a sip of alcohol in over 4 decades. 


No comments:

Post a Comment