Sunday, April 29, 2018

the baby is 3

For Angus's birthday (May 1st) this year we decided to leave him with my mom along with all the other kids and take a much needed mini vacay. We celebrated him today. It's fine. He has no idea when or what his birthday is.

I think I'm more excited about his birthday than he is. In fact I know I am. Three years old means I am done with toddlers. I've never had a 3 year old without having to look after a younger sibling. It's new territory for me. Angus is potty trained, sleeping in a big boy bed and can buckle himself into his carseat. So basically my job is done here. I'm soooooo excited about not having any more diapers to change. And it's pretty awesome that the kids can all get in the car and buckle without much help. Even though I have to kindly remind them 15 times. But I feel like I'm moving into phase two of motherhood; which is mostly parenting with my voice instead of the physically demanding job of raising babies and toddlers. Of course there will be the occasional tackle when needed. Like when I see Angus with an open sharpie in his hand.

Angus has done an amazing job with potty training and staying in his bed. He is totally done with pull-ups. They are completely dry after every nap AND in the morning. Amazing. That's all him by the way. I did nothing to keep him dry all night. I actually encouraged peeing in his pull-up instead of waking me up to help him go potty. I still put pull-ups on just in case he decides to regress. We have a costco size box. May as well use it.

Oh and I started using this magical color changing nightlight that turns green when it's time to get up. Hands down the hardest alarm clock you will ever figure out how to use. BUT it actually worked and he now stays in his bed until the light turns green at 5:45AM. That was our compromise. He likes to get up before 5:00 and I want him in bed until 6:00.

So little man is 3. I was looking on Pinterest for a cute questionnaire to ask him for his 3rd birthday. I found one that looked pretty basic. The lady’s kid in the Pinterest one who also just turned 3 actually knew what she was asking and answered appropriately. I knew Angus wouldn’t. I don’t spend much time teaching him things like his name or how old he is. He's the fourth kid. The world is his teacher. He has somehow learned his colors though. And he knows the difference between a backhoe and a skid steer. I do not.

So here's my interview with my new 3 year old:

What is your name? Two (close)

How old are you? I no no (I think he knows)

What’s your favorite thing to do?  Chrucksss. Mommy where’s my chrucksss?


What’s your favorite food?  Ummm wice (but it's really mac & cheese)


What’s your favorite drink?  Eat (loves juice)


What’s your favorite color?  Bown poopoo (he likes blue)


What’s your favorite animal?  Back doggie (Otter)


What’s your favorite tv show?  I no no... tha one. Random show that was on. (He's getting annoyed with the questions at this point)


What is your favorite book?  Ummm wed one (No idea which one the red one is. I don't read to him. Winter does.)


Who’s your best friend?  Chrucks! (true)


What makes you happy?  Mommy! (also true)


What makes you sad?  Wed mean no. (When his nightlight is red, it means no getting out of bed yet) 


What do you want to be when you grow up?  Doggie! - *hug attacks Otter* (could be true)


And there you have it. 

Happy 3rd Son!

I actually teared up looking at these old pics. See honey I don't have a heart of ice. 




















































No comments:

Post a Comment