Saturday, April 9, 2016

Fitness Friday - 20 minutes

I used to think that 20 minutes of working out in the morning wasn't going to do much. But I've actually seen huge changes in my body after a few weeks. And a lot of the time, my workout buddies cancel and I go back to sleep so we're really only working out like 3 times a week for 20 minutes a day and I'm still noticing changes.

We usually do circuit training type workouts (one exercise after another in a circuit) like the 30 day shred (by Jillian Michaels) that work different muscle groups, sometimes at the same time like squats while lifting weights. I'm a huge fan of running and anything that strengthens my core like yoga. But I love circuit training because I'm building muscle and burning calories during my workout AND I'm burning calories throughout the day when I'm just doing laundry or something because that muscle continues to work. And it is shaping my body and making it leaner, firmer and stronger. And just 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week. That's nothing! So doable.

Happy Friday!! (Saturday morning)


No comments:

Post a Comment