Wednesday, October 26, 2016

prodigal abs

With all the cancer happening all around me, I'm always thinking about it. Ways to prevent it, ways to look for it. You can never be too vigilant.

So lately, when I lay down to watch my (new to me) favorite show (The Good Wife), I've noticed kind of a hard spot in my upper stomach area. At first I thought it was gas but it was still there after a week or so, so I told Dan to feel it. Honey, I said, there's a hard spot in my stomach that's kind of new. What do you think it is? Gas? Are my intestines twisting? Maybe it's a tumor.

He felt around for the hard spot and said well I'm pretty sure those are your abdominal muscles. It's been awhile since you've felt them huh? Then he laughed at me. 


I didn't have a tumor, I was just developing abs again. With all the pregnancies over the last 8 years, I guess I lost those muscles and I guess I forgot what they used to feel like.


Nice to see ya guys.




2 comments: