Sunday, March 23, 2014

mommy's stand-in

Sometimes I think Mya would be able to raise Winter and Adelyn all by herself. She definitely knows what they need every day like food, milk, clothes etc. She knows where everything is. She has a lot of patience. And she would probably enjoy it.  


Mya has always been there to tell me when I screw up. One time I forgot Winter in the car on the way to church. I got half way to the nursery when Mya said, "baby, baby, baby." She could only say a few words at the time. Good thing she knew that one. 

Thursday, she reminded me that I forgot to feed Winter breakfast as we were getting into the car to go to preschool. She slept in. Not entirely my fault... 
Thanks to Mya, Winter didn't starve that day. And she got to have a cereal bar and a squeeze pouch of apple sauce on the way to school. She was so happy. (Those are snacks usually reserved for the park)


And lets not forget the Tylenol incident. Mya was the one who ratted her out.
As I was driving them to school contemplating the possibility that I may not be that great of a mom, I thought of other instances that would support my theory.

  • I drove several times completely forgetting to buckle Mya into her car seat. 
  • Somehow I managed to drop Winter's infant car seat out of the double stroller with her in it face down. Luckily she was buckled so she just got a good jolt. 
  • Winter also nearly fell out of our bedroom window on the second floor. I caught her by her shirt as she pushed on the screen and fell through it. 
  • As a toddler, Mya took a good bite out of a square of cascade. 
  • And Winter downed a bottle of Tylenol. (I now have the number for poison control on my fridge)

I am getting better. Addie has yet to face any real danger. Knock on wood. 

It takes a few years to get the hang of this mom thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment