Saturday, July 19, 2014

a proud moment

Yesterday I was remembering this one time I did something I've never told anyone about because it's pretty embarrassing. It was like 4 years ago so I think it's safe to share...

I was invited to a baby shower that was at a pretty nice house. I asked if I could bring my 8 month old (Mya) and the lady said "Of course, we love babies!" So I sat on the floor most of the time and played with my baby while the other ladies sat and drank lemonade in nice glasses and ate fancy appetizers in a fancy room with fancy furniture. 

Then I smelled something awful. Mya was the queen of giant poops. She pooped like every 2 or 3 days and they were massive explosive blowout poops. So I quickly grabbed her diaper bag and found a fancy bathroom. For some reason there was no rug on the floor. It was just fancy cold tile. Maybe they had a fancy cat and that was the cat's bathroom... Anyway, I didn't want to change Mya on the cold tile so I grabbed a fancy towel from the towel rack and put it on the floor. It was a big one, not the little hand towel on the sink.

I proceeded to change Mya's massive poopie diaper. I don't remember what I did with it afterward but what I do remember is that of course I got poop on the fancy towel. I tried so hard not to but it was all over the place. I wiped it off with a baby wipe and thought to myself... What now? I decided that it would be way too mortifying to let the lady of the house know that I had used her fancy towel to change my poopie baby on. I hung it back up on the rack really pretty like she had it and exited the bathroom and never spoke of the towel again. 

The towel was dark red and there was not a shower in that bathroom so it was strictly for looks. So no one actually used it. And a week later it was probably washed and no one knew about the poop that was on the back... right?


No comments:

Post a Comment