Friday, August 15, 2014

5

It sounds so cliche to say this but I cannot believe my baby is 5. I mean it hasn't exactly flown by but it kind of has. I've heard the days feel like years but the years feel like minutes with little ones and it's so true.

My little Mya,

You have been such a sweet ray of sunshine and a joy to be around. You are my sensitive thinker. You are observant and kind. Your heart is huge and lovely. You are bubbling with happiness and quick to say I'm sorry. You love to organize and clean. You are a genius when it comes to puzzles. You are the most persistent little thing I've ever met. You practice and practice until you get it right like swimming the length of the pool and  riding your bike with no training wheels. You have taught yourself to read and write and hula hoop! And you have already learned how to put your hair in a ponytail and tie your shoelaces. You love school and playing with your friends. You are beautiful inside and out. Those big blue eyes and thick chestnut brown hair are going to break hearts one day.

I love that you draw a million pictures for me every day because you love me. And I am not allowed to throw a single one away. I love that you add hair bows on the corners of your pictures to dress them up. I love that you go to other people's houses and make their beds. I love that you are always thinking of others and their feelings. I love that you teach me things about my phone and remind me to grab it on the way out of the house. I love that you are sweeter than most children and more responsible than most adults. I cannot wait to see what the next year brings.





























No comments:

Post a Comment