Saturday, March 30, 2013

reroute

I am kind of an airhead. I think I hide it well, but those close to me would agree. Besides being super forgetful and sometimes slow to get a joke I am horrible with directions. I have actually been lost just a few miles from my house after living there for 3 years. Before I got my iPhone, I would get lost on a regular basis. My husband and I decided we did not need smartphones because they were just a luxury we could do without. We already had perfectly good cell phones and a computer at home so what did we need smartphones for?

Finally, after years of watching friends live on their phones and swearing I would not be like that, we decided to jump on the bandwagon. I can safely say that my iphone has changed my life in so many ways. I have not been lost once since I figured out how to work the map ap. Siri is my guide. She has saved me so many times. All I have to do is enter the address or say the place I want to go and she takes me there step by step. I still get off track which is really hard to do. I mean she gives you lots of warning before you need to turn. She says, turn right in one mile, then turn right in half a mile, then turn right in 500 feet and somehow I manage to miss the street I'm supposed to turn on. But she'll rerout and get me back on track in minutes. How did I ever live without my iphone?!



Every time Siri leads me somewhere safely, I am reminded how I am guided by the Holy Spirit. This life is hard to navigate and thank the Lord for sending someone to get us to where we need to be. Sometimes I get off track, well often I get off track. But He reminds me to reroute and get back on track. Just like I trust Siri to get me where I need to go, I fully trust my God to get me where I need to be. As long as I stay in the word and talk to Him daily, I have a better chance of hearing His voice when he is telling me I'm on the wrong path and I should reroute.

Psalm 25:9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
 
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.



James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment