Monday, November 17, 2014

craft time

It's that time of year again. The annual craft boutique for Growing Up Mom happened last Sunday and I had so much fun making stuff. I made soap this year. It was quite freeing. You can put literally anything in it and make it your own. I didn't get too crazy since this was my first time but I did use a few of my Bath 'n' Body fragrances I had. And I still have a whole bottle of CK1. These are the flavors I made: Sweet Pea (Bath 'n' Body), Citrus Jasmine (CK1), Oatmeal Honey, Chamomile, Apple Blossom (B&B's Endless Love), Aloe, Candy Cane and Barbie Shoes (it is exactly what it sounds like, soap with Barbie shoes in it). 

I used a small sour cream container. Worked perfectly. I used the following blog here for instructions. Each soap costs about $1.50 to make. I sold them for $4 so it was worth it. I got the glycerin cubes at Michael's. I'm excited to make some more for Christmas gifts. I think my favorites are Oatmeal Honey & Chamomile. (Ugh, I just realized I misspelled chamomile on the tag)  All the soaps were made with things I already had like fake flowers, perfumes, oatmeal, etc.



I made some other "crafts" from things I already had in my gift box. I filled a couple of cups with some drink mixes and made some cheesy bracelets with the beads in my craft box. Someone actually bought all of them for $2 a piece! 



Oh and my mom was getting rid of this really nice ceramic pitcher from Starbucks so I decided to decorate it for the craft fair as well. (Be still comes from Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God")


And I made some bath paints out of baby shampoo, cornstarch and food coloring. I cut up a clear egg carton and put some cellophane around it with a paint brush and sold them for $4. Didn't get a pic but they looked pretty cute. I also made some of these tasty things.


I was kind of bummed they all sold. I guess I'll just have to make more for Christmas! You can get the recipe here. And who knew my pumpkin bread would do so well. I didn't really make it. Trader Joe's did... I just added eggs and stuff.

This year's craft boutique (and bake sale) was a success. We made over $1000. Go GUM! 







1 comment:

  1. Amie, you are AMAZING. and I want one of those soaps ... :)

    ReplyDelete