Tuesday, July 19, 2016

weddings

I love weddings. Who doesn't? Well Winter doesn't I guess. Dan and I took the big girls to a wedding last weekend. We left the babies at home. We don't like to be outnumbered if possible. It was Winter's first wedding, and Mya's 2nd. She was a flower girl when she was four. Winter asked when we were going to go home about 5 minutes after the bride walked down the aisle. Mya asked if the bride and the pastor were going to kiss... Not sure what that was about.

As we were waiting for the wedding party to finish taking pictures, Winter came up and showed me a paper airplane with frosting on the tip. "Hey mom, I accidentally flew my airplane into one of those cakes over there... can I lick it off?" She says. Appreciating that she asked permission and told me about the incident, I replied with, "Sure, please fly your airplane over there instead." Of course she flew her plane into the wedding cake. I mentioned it to the mother of the bride who made the cake but she didn't seem to care. I think the kids may have outnumbered the adults... so maybe airplanes in the cake was expected?

After the wedding, and the food was served, there was music and dancing which the girls loved. We had to pry them off of the dance floor to go home.

Now the girls of course reenact the wedding. They walk down the aisle, kiss each other then giggle hysterically. And Mya tells me every day that she wants a bridesmaid dress just like the girls wore at the wedding. She even found the perfect one online for the bargain price of $200.

I didn't get a pic of them at the wedding... not sure why. Sometimes I just like to live in the moment. Okay total lie. Just forgot about the phone and pics for the day. Not a horrible thing I guess. Anyway, I don't like to blog without a pic so here's one of the two of them I took yesterday =) Winter is looking mighty tan and Mya... not so much.










No comments:

Post a Comment