Thursday, July 21, 2016

Yosemite 2016

Dan took the girls on our annual Yosemite (Saddlebag Lake) camping trip again. I opted not to go with the babies for the 2nd year in a row. I truly love it up there. I mean seriously, it's one of my favorite spots. But just not worth it with a one and two year old. A 6 hour road trip followed by extremely cold temps, Winter puking from altitude sickness, Angus waking up at 4:00AM and no way to heat up a bottle. Throw in a couple of farting dogs... no thank you. I'm serious. Otter has some serious intestinal issues. Farts 24/7.

Dan wants the girls to love camping so he buys them all kinds of junk food and treats for the trip. It works. It's totally their favorite part about camping. He comes home from the store and the girls start squealing, LUNCHABAAAAAALES!!! CAPRISUUUUUUUNS!!!! I know, that's like regular kid food but they never get it around here.

So off they went. I took this pic of them as they left Sunday morning. There is no reception or any way for Dan to reach me until he's heading back home Wednesday so it's kind of crazy. It's the only time I've ever gone more than 24 hours without contact with my husband and kids.


So I waited 3 long days and finally the phone rang late Wednesday morning and I was able to hear all about the trip. Winter got altitude sickness again (4th year in a row). Dan planned on giving her some medicine to prevent it before bed Sunday night but she beat him to the punch and puked after dinner. Wups. Dan got sick Monday night/Tuesday morning. But other than that, they had a great time. Dan's buddy from work and his family met him up there and helped with the kids A LOT. The girls came back super dirty and covered in mosquito bites but they had a blast. They mostly fished, ate yummy food and sat around campfires. 














No comments:

Post a Comment