Tuesday, October 22, 2013

auntie rose's rudolf

This is not a pinterest craft. It's a craft that Auntie Rose helped us make at Growing Up Mom. She's my half sister's aunt and not really related to me but I didn't know that until I was about 12 or so. Either way, I like her a lot and she's super crafty. She holds greeting card classes at her house and has made all kinds of cool crafts over the years. She is one of my favorite people. She used to give us boxes of cereal for Christmas which we loved. She's Italian and she has the greatest Rhode Island accent even though she's lived in Sunland, CA my whole life.

Here she is at one of my baby showers...probably Winter's.



This craft doesn't take much explaining. You could recreate it just by looking at it. You just need a pinecone, some pine needles for antlers, a pompom for the nose, some eyes, ribbon and a glue gun. I think she said she got the green steak at Hobby Lobby?

Oh, I did learn how to make the perfect bow though. I thought I should definitely pass that on. It's easier to practice on a shoelace or something skinny first. Basically you make two loops and tie them in a knot. And voila, out comes the perfect bow. It's how we taught my brother to tie his shoe laces when he was little because it was too hard to do the bunny around the tree and through the rabbit hole.

So here's Rudolf:

You put it in a potted plant (or the ground) to make it festive. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment