Wednesday, October 9, 2013

washer necklace

Craft #5

I found these on Pinterest and have been really wanting to try them for a while. I've really been into the crafting thing lately if you haven't noticed. It's so much healthier for my brain than TV, which I would definitely be watching if we didn't cancel our cable last year. I go back and forth on my satisfaction in our decision, especially since the Dodgers just may win the World Series for the first time since 1988, but that's beside the point. Nevertheless, I have lots of time at night now. So I'm taking advantage before the next tiny bundle comes along. I have about 6 weeks to complete all Christmas gifts and projects.

Here is my finished product:



Here's the link I used: http://www.thriftyandthriving.com/2012/04/washer-pendant-necklaces/

Materials:
Necklace cords that come ready to use with clasps etc. (I bought 3 for about $2.50 at Michael's)


Washers - $.33 at the hardware store.
Scrapbook paper
Mod podge
Diamond glaze found on Amazon.com. (I used clear spray paint I had from the last craft) I'm assuming it will serve the same purpose.

First, cut out circles from your scrapbook paper to glue to the washers. I don't have fancy tools to do this as suggested in the blog above so I did it by hand. It turned out just fine.

Trace the washer on the back of your scrapbook paper. 


 
Then cut it a little smaller so the paper will fit nicely with a little silver showing.
 
 
 
 
Then glue it to the washer with mod podge on both sides of the paper.
 
 
Let it dry, then use either diamond glaze or spray paint to seal in the paper. Sorry, no pic of that. Here's the different designs I used. I find that the darker ones with smaller print work best. The white or lighter colors turn out dingy looking.
 
 
Tie the cord to the washers and you're done! I plan on changing the washers out with different outfits :-)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment