Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's go time!

When you're used to having kids in school, summer is not what it used to be, fun fun fun in the sun. Nope, it's more like the big game. You have to prep mentally and physically. You gotta rally. And once it comes, you have to give it everything you got. Because that team you're playing; they're really good. 

I could stay home and hang out in the AC while the kids play in the morning and get progressively more whiny and annoying as the day goes on. I don't like to let that happen. We gotta be out doin' stuff. That makes for a pretty crazy week but it's better for me mentally and it's better for my relationship with my kids I think. Otherwise, I would just be sarcastic, mean, and probably suffering from short outbursts of frustration like screaming "Dammit! I'm so flippin' irritated!" or yelling at the innocent dogs to "MOVE!" poor guys. When I'm out and about I can't act like that. What would people think? Don't get me wrong. The kids do get more whiny and annoying when we're out too but somehow I can handle it better if there are other adults present...

So yeah, summer is kind of crazy with little ones. I'm already planning my easier days when the girls go to preschool and kindergarten in the fall. I will go running with the baby and grocery shopping with one kid instead of 3... awww it's gonna be so nice. 


Enjoying $1 ice cream (froyo) cones at IKEA. I plan on spending a lot of time here this summer... I go with good ol' Mari of course:)! She's a pro. Good thing too because I think I would actually get lost there. 

Don't worry honey, we won't get ice cream every time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment