Thursday, June 5, 2014

stoned

Being a mom of 3 small children including an infant is like being on drugs...permanently. Ya know how people who smoke pot all the time are kind of out of it and constantly forgetting things? That's what I feel like most days... stoned. One of my friends told me last night that she admired how I was so easygoing with the kids and didn't look stressed out even though Dan was working and I had all 3 girls at our bible study group's end of the year barbecue. And the baby fussed the whole night. I politely thanked her and thought to myself, I just don't have the energy to be stressed out and frankly, I'm half asleep! Mya took advantage of the situation and inhaled about 20 handfuls of Doritos.

Yesterday I completely forgot about a swim/play date I set up less than 24 hours prior. Yes, Stacy, I forgot! (We had a blast with you guys by the way!) I checked my texts and sure enough I had agreed to 10:00 at the pool. I guess I need a reminder at night then maybe another one in the morning?

So we're at the pool and my dear sweet sweet Winter is at the peak of her terrible threes... I'm hoping. She usually spends more time out of the pool on time-out than she does in the pool. Sadly, I'm not exaggerating. Lately her prey has been defenseless 2-year-olds.

Cutie pie Bryn (defenseless 2-year-old) was hanging out in the water, minding her own business in the middle of the deep end (with her floatie on of course) when Winter quickly started swimming toward her with a crazy look in her eyes, kind of like a shark. Brittany (Bryn's mom) also saw it and both of us panicked for a second. Brittany, yelled, "Come here sweetie! Swim toward Mommy!" in the nice sing song voice she uses. I could tell she really wanted to yell, "Swim away!" (like the krill in Finding Nemo) 

There was probably a better way to handle the situation like, "Winter, remember, hands to yourself in the pool!" but because I'm permanently stoned, all I could get out was, "Winter, no no no!" She didn't even do anything but I could see the attack unfolding. The day before that, she tried to push Bryn in the pool because she didn't want Bryn bugging her friends... I don't even know what to say about that.







1 comment:

  1. haha! Love this post. I was wondering if you had forgotten and realized I should have given you more of a heads up than "on my way" hehe.

    ReplyDelete