Thursday, October 16, 2014

musical chores

I don't know why I stopped listening to music at home. I used to have music playing all the time in my room growing up and into adulthood. Some time after I had kids I stopped putting it on for some reason. I think it just became an afterthought and something I didn't have time for like creating a good playlist and finding the docking station and so on.

But whenever I go to other people's houses and they have music playing, it's just so lovely. It immediately puts me in a good mood. 

I am not a fan of dishes, especially dishes at the end of the day when I'm yawning on the couch and I have to get up and empty the dishwasher then load it then clean all the pots and pans and knives etc. 

What I've been doing lately is waiting until the kids are all in bed then putting on Pandora or a playlist on my phone and doing the beloved chore to my favorite tunes. What a difference. It makes it go by so fast and sometimes I'm even bummed when I'm done because then I have to turn off the music and go upstairs and get in the shower. 

So if there is a chore you hate doing like cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry, making dinner or doing dishes, try doing it to some good music. An even better idea would be to make the best playlist ever and only play it when you're doing that dreaded task. A combo of Taylor, Pink and Katy does the trick for me!



If you need ideas, here's my jogging dishes playlist. =)

1. Roar - Katy Perry
2. Bruises - Train
3. Jump Around - House of Pain
4. Harlem - New Politics
5. Glad You Came - The Wanted
6. Raise Your Glass - Pink
7. Timber - Ke$ha
8. Feel Good - Gorillaz
9. MMMBop - Hanson
10. All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
11. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift


No comments:

Post a Comment