Tuesday, October 7, 2014

vegas babies

Well, since my local Grandma (mom's mom) is no longer with us and I miss her every day, I decided to take a trip Sunday and Monday to see my only surviving grandparent (My Dad's mom) in Las Vegas. Four hours isn't THAT long after all. At least I don't have to take a plane to see her. So, I asked my mom if she was up for it and of course she said yes. So off we went to Sin City. The kids did great. We borrowed a DVD player for the girls and my mom entertained the baby and we were there before we knew it. 

It is a lot different going to Vegas with little ones. There wasn't any gambling, drinking or staying up late. In fact, we were all in bed by 8:30 :) 

We stayed in a lovely little smoke free Best Western off the strip that came with lots of fun things like free coffee and ice water any time of the day AND free breakfast. It was so nice to walk right outside our room and see plenty of tasty treats to choose from. There was even a waffle lady making blueberry waffles upon request. My kind of hotel. 

Anyway, we did a short dip in the pool and spent the afternoon with my grandma Wilda and her husband Bill. He's kind of a grandpa by marriage I guess. Her first husband (my grandpa) passed away years ago. They are in their late 80's so their lives revolve around doctor's appointments and their little dog Buttons. So, they were happy to have an afternoon of excitement. 

Of course they had lots of breakables to be broken. Thank goodness nothing was actually broken. My mom and I had our extra fast and observant mommy and grandma hats on. Not only did they have breakable things, but they were like 100 year-old antique breakable things. 

But we were glad we went and they were glad we came. After hours of darting here and there to prevent broken antiques, Winter getting into pills, the baby from attacking poor little Buttons, exhausted, I finally said, "I think it's time for us to leave you guys." They agreed of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment