Wednesday, October 7, 2015

big ol' legs

Well it's not blog Monday but here I am posting =) Look at me.

Angus really could have choked to death this morning. As I was scrambling to make coffee, breakfast, lunches and more, I handed Addie a bag of raisins to stop her from whining and get her off of my leg where she loves to hang out when I'm super busy. No time for a bowl or a snack type container, just a big Costco size bag. So I'm cracking some eggs while heating up some oil in a pan while spreading PB on some bread when I look over and see Addie smiling next to Angus with a satisfied grin. Angus is sucking on something. I said a bad word several times praying he was just sucking on his lip but when I stuck my finger in there, I pulled out about 6 raisins out of my 5-month-old's mouth. I checked his breathing just to make sure he wasn't silently choking and said a prayer of thanks. Ugh, toddlers.

I was never a baby person before I had babies. I'm not really a baby person now honestly. But I definitely get it. As my friend Melissa would say, they are just delicious. So soft, squishy, happy and sweet. This guy just keeps getting fatter and I'm loving it. I love his little chubby fingers, his double chin, his massive thighs and rolls and rolls.

 We are almost at the big 6 month mark. I love 6 months. It's when he can eat solids which means I can leave him for a longer period of time without him needing to be fed. I actually started him on cereal which he loves of course. Hey that's a huge deal especially because he's pretty spoiled and won't take a bottle. Six months is also when I let me babies cry themselves to sleep. Pure torture. However, once they've learned to put themselves to sleep, they sleep forever without waking ME up in the middle of the night. Hallelujah. Then I can start living on some type of schedule AND start sleeping again. Right now I'm definitely sleep deprived. I couldn't figure out my 1st grader's math problem tonight. I could share it but I won't because it's too embarrassing. I was once in advanced math. A long time ago. Anyway, looking forward to sleep. But in the meantime, enjoying every day (and night) with this little chunk.



I had to get a close up =) Check out the skin rolling over the ankles. Wonderful.

Every time my babies approach a new size I look through their outfits for my favs and try to get a pic of them wearing it before I put it in storage or give it away or sell it in this case. I'm part of a mom's online yard sale where I sell anything and everything I'm getting rid of. So I posted this sweatshirt for $5. It sold super quick so I had to get a pic of him in it of course. He can wear the hat for another year or two. 


Go Dodgers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks admin for this wonderful post, full of ideas about "First Aid Certification Indio CA | BLS Certification Indio CA | CPR Classes Indio CA". The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I appreciated what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete