Saturday, October 31, 2015

drug struggle

Halloween in Montrose this year. Like cattle, we went from store to store and filled our buckets in downtown Montrose. Dan was working so I left the babies with Mom (what would I do without her?!) and took the girls out.


It may have been a bit bright in the sun...



This past week was red ribbon week! The kids learned how to say no to drugs. And since Mya and Winter have no idea what heroin, meth and marijuana are, I explained it to them by telling them to keep their bodies healthy. I told them that we only want to put good things in and not bad things. We want to eat healthy. Lots of fruits and veggies. Not too much sugar and junk foods like chips and fast food. I gave myself extra mom points for explaining it in a way that they could understand.

Well tonight as we were coming home from our trick-or-treating, Mya says to me, "Oh no! I can't eat all this candy! I'm drug free! 


Every day of red ribbon week has a different theme. Thursday was twin day. Mya was twins with Mrs. Elder. Teacher's pet? I think so!


Tuesday was team jersey day at Mya's school and boots day at Winter's. And ham it up toddler day at Addie's! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment