Monday, October 19, 2015

chaos and quiet

These days I'm solely on survival mode. I'm not really sure how I'm still functioning, especially on those days when Dan is at work. I know a lot of it has to do with God given strength and endurance I plead Him for day after day. 

It seems like I'm just handling need after need, request after request. There's breakfast to be made, butts to be wiped, milk to be poured, pacifiers to be found, lunches to be packed, homework to be checked, fights to break up, a whole lot of whining and crying (mostly by the kids;)) and food to be quickly shoveled in my mouth followed by baths, goodnight hugs and kisses... and repeat the next day. There's a lot of yawning and yelling on my part.

BUT sometimes, I find myself in the middle of a quiet room with a sleeping baby. These are my favorite moments with Angus. His chubby little arms are hugging me as he sleeps on my shoulder. There really is nothing like it in the world. But then my arms get tired 'cause he's like the size of a two-year-old and I have to put him down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment